--- SEARCH ---
Learning Chinese
Learn to Cook Chinese Dishes
Exchange Rates

Hot Links
China Development Gateway
Chinese Embassies

GDP: 245 billion yuan (US$25.59 billion) in 2002.

GDP growth rate: 10.5 percent

GDP ratio (1st, 2nd and tertiary industries): 24.2 : 35 : 40.8.

Revenues: 20.01 billion yuan (US$2.42 billion) in 2001, up by 16.6 percent from that of the previous year.

Industrial output value: The total added industrial output value of the province reached 59.1 billion yuan (US$7.1 billion) in 2001, 10.6 percent more than that of the previous year.

Agricultural output value: 76 billion yuan (US$9.18 billion) in 2000, up by 2.8 percent from the previous year.

Foreign trade:

A total of 1,193 products in 58 categories are exported from Jiangxi to 153 countries and regions in the world. The customs statistics show that the annual value of imports and exports in 2000 reached US$1.6 billion, up by 23.36 percent from the previous year. Of this figure, export accounted for US$1.2 million, up by 32.1 percent, and rest amount of US$400 million was from import, up by 4.6 percent.

Foreign investment:

In 2001, the province’s total foreign investment reached US$550 million, a 68 percent growth compared with that of the previous year. A total of 274 new foreign investment projects reached agreements in the year, an increase of 9.6 percent. The contractual foreign capital amounted to US$265.68 million, a decrease of 30.3 percent. As many as 247 new foreign-funded enterprises were registered in the year, raising the number of foreign-invested enterprises in Jiangxi to 2,246 by the end of 2001.

Poverty alleviation plan:

By the end of 2000, 895,000 Jiangxi residents were living under the poverty line. At a meeting held on January 10, 2002, the provincial leading group for poverty alleviation outlined its poverty alleviation plan and formulated the principles for the management and use of the government’s poverty-relief allocation.

1. Giving the priority of poverty alleviation endeavor to 563 townships where the rural residents’ average per capita annual net income was less than 1,300 yuan (US$157) in the three years from 1997-99.

2. During the 2001-05 period, 1,200 poor villages, including 720 villages in the 21 poorest counties designated by the state and 480 others, shall enjoy priority in receiving assistance for poverty alleviation.

3. Of the government allocation, 80 percent shall be used in key poor villages; of that, 60 percent shall be used in the key villages of key poor counties and the rest 40 percent shall be used in key villages of other counties. The purpose of the government aid is to help improve their basic conditions for living and production, including developing infrastructure facilities.

4. Ten percent of the poverty-relief fund shall be allocated for supporting science and technology in the poor areas. Of this amount, 5 percent shall be used for setting up demonstration bases and the rest shall be used for training and the promotion of science and technology.

5. The remaining 10 percent of the total fun shall be reserved for emergency use.

Print This Page
Email This Page
About Us SiteMap Feedback
Copyright © China Internet Information Center. All Rights Reserved
E-mail: webmaster@china.org.cn Tel: 86-10-68326688