Discipline Development and Speciality Structure Development in Universities: Practice and Outcome
Discipline Development is a strategic, fundamental task for university development. The establishment of disciplines and specialties and its level determine the characteristic and level of universities to a great degree. Reinforcing discipline development is a fundamental and essential task for university development.
1. Discipline is the core for university development
(1) One of the basic characters of a university is its discipline nature.
(2) Discipline development should meet the nature and tendency of scientific development.
(3) Discipline development should meet the requirements of the country and society.
(4) Discipline development should base on the facts of a university, and create its characteristics and high quality.
2. Ideas and practice on discipline development of Tsinghua University
(1) Ideas on discipline development
(2) The practice on discipline development
1) Improving discipline structure through giving priority to internal resources of the university.
2) Developing advantageous discipline further drived by scientific projects.
3) Accelerating the development of science discipline by building up the staff.
4) Promoting interdisciplinary sciences in various approaches.
5) Strengthening the sustained development ability for the disciplines by reinforcing research centers.
(china.org.cn, July 30, 2002)