--- SEARCH ---
Learning Chinese
Learn to Cook Chinese Dishes
Exchange Rates
Hotel Service

Hot Links
China Development Gateway
Chinese Embassies

China Helps Poultry Industry with More Financial Support, Less Taxes

The Chinese government had spent 275 million yuan (US$33.2 million) fighting bird flu by Feb. 24 and local governments had paid out 554 million yuan (US$67 million), a Finance Ministry spokesperson said Sunday.


For farmers within the infected sites, the ministries of finance and agriculture were paying 10 yuan for each of bird killed, the spokesperson said.


Governments of various levels also shouldered all compulsory vaccination expenses within 5 km of infected sites. The vaccination fee was calculated at 0.1 yuan for each chicken, 0.2 yuan for each duck or goose, and appropriate amounts for other birds.


Non-compulsory areas that also asked for vaccinations and other quarantine measures equally shared the costs between governments and local farmers, said the spokesperson.


In the economically backward western regions, the central government shouldered 80 percent of the costs, leaving only 20 percent to local governments. But the proportion taken by the central government in developed eastern areas was 20 percent.


To help the poultry industry through the crisis, the spokesperson said, the government planned to reduce or suspend some taxes, including fees for highway transportation, railway or port construction as well as inspection and quarantine, from Feb. 1 to July 31


Enterprises exporting poultry products would also get tax rebates during this period, said the spokesperson.


(Xinhua News Agency March 8, 2004)

New Int'l Fund Fights Regional Health Crises
China Remains Vigilant Against Bird Flu
Government Shares Costs of Bird Flu
Thailand Confirms Dead Leopard Infected by H5N1 Virus
China Enhances Int'l Cooperation in Combating Bird Flu
Ban on Chinese Poultry Product Import Easing
Print This Page
Email This Page
About Us SiteMap Feedback
Copyright ©China Internet Information Center. All Rights Reserved
E-mail: webmaster@china.org.cn Tel: 86-10-68326688