Nicaraguan health authorities confirmed on Tuesday eight new cases of influenza A/H1N1, raising the total in the country to 123.
Health Minister Guillermo Gonzalez said on Tuesday that one of the new cases was an American who caught the disease in Tola beach in Rivas province.
Gonzalez added that the tourist received medical treatment and had already returned to his country.
He also said that among the 123 cases, 72 have recovered and 51 are still under medical observation and treatment.
So far, no A/H1N1 flu death has been reported in Nicaragua.
(Xinhua News Agency June 17, 2009)