The Philippine health authorities on Wednesday said another 64 people were tested positive for the A/H1N1 flu in the country, bringing the Philippines' tally of confirmed cases to a staggering 311.
In a press release, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said, however, 93 patients had fully recovered and more were sent home from hospitals as they exhibited only mild symptoms.
"So far the country has no reported case of death or severe illness in all of the 311 documented positive cases," Duque said in the release.
Among the latest 64 infected, all but two are Filipinos, with an average age of 18, Duque said.
The health department on Monday confirmed a community-based outbreak in a northern town where more than 30 people were infected.
(Xinhua News Agency June 17, 2009)