A spokesman for Hong Kong Department of Health (DH) said there were 60 newly-confirmed cases of influenza A/H1N1 in the 24 hours up to 2:30 p.m. (0630 GMT) on Tuesday.
So far, the total number of infection cases has hit 408 in Hong Kong, said the spokesman.
The new cases involved 35 males and 25 females, aged from three and 63.
Meanwhile, Tsang Pik Shan Secondary School in Ma On Shan has been advised to suspend classes for two weeks as a student of the school was confirmed to have been infected with the flu.
The student, a 14-year-old boy, attended the school on June 19 when he had onset of influenza symptoms.
The spokesman said the boy was a member of a Hong Kong youth soccer team which left for Singapore on June 20. The boy and three other members of the team were confirmed to have been infected with influenza A/H1N1 by the Singapore health authority.
The four boys are under treatment in Singapore and are in stable condition.
(Xinhua News Agency June 24, 2009)