The Message sequel to be shot

0 CommentsPrint E-mail CRI, May 6, 2010
Adjust font size:

Zhang Hanyu, who starred in last year's Chinese espionage blockbuster "The Message", reveals that filming on a sequel is scheduled to begin in November, the newspaper Metro Express reports.

Poster of "The Message" [baidu.com]

Zhang said he would act in the sequel, and that screenwriter Kuo-Fu Chen is close to finishing the script. According to Zhang, the new story won't have much connection with the first one.

"Chen told me that the sequel was a new story. It will be awesome," said Zhang.

Li Bingbing, the lead actress in "The Message", has not been confirmed to star in the sequel. Her manager said he has no idea about the sequel.

A TV version, led by Liu Weiwei, is being shot in Tianjin. Liu said the TV version will focus on how the espionage heroine Laogui accomplishes her mission, while the previous film focused on how a Japanese spy chief discovers Laogui's identity.

"The Message" opened on September 29, 2009 in China and made 220 million yuan (US$32.2 million) at the box office.

Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comments

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter