Movies & TV
- Da Peng's new film tribute to musicians
- Dong Chengpeng, more popular as Da Peng, has unveiled his second directorial film centering on a group of people who struggle to keep their dreams in the music industry alive.
- Treat in store for fantasy epics
- Fans of fantasy epics such as The Lord of Rings franchise can now look forward to Chinese film Legend of the Naga Pearls, inspired by the 2011 best-selling novel Novoland: City of Desperate Love.
- Chinese and Australian companies sign 7 movie deals
- While the Chinese movie market has attracted Australian filmmakers over the past decade, only eight coproduction projects have taken off since 2006, when the two countries first signed a treaty to encourage film partnership. But with seven new coproduction deals signed in Beijing on April 20, the number is expected to rise.
- Hollywood producer inks coproduction deal
- Veteran Hollywood producer Tom DeSanto signed an agreement with CITIC Guoan Group at the group's New Bridge Film Production Base on the outskirts of Beijing on Friday to co-produce a Sino-US film in the near future.