A Chinese plaintiff who suffered in the Chongqing bombings between 1938 and 1943 Monday demanded at a Tokyo court that the Japanese government adopt a right view on the crimes committed by the Japanese invasion army and make apology and compensation.
"The Japanese government should recognize the crimes committed by the Japanese invasion army and make apology and compensation to the victims," Qian Fangneng said at the Tokyo District Court while making his fifth court statement.
"The Chongqing bombings lawsuit plaintiffs are mostly 75 to 90 years old," the 77-year-old Qian said. "As victims and witnesses, we are responsible to tell the truth to the next generation."
Qian had been seriously wounded by one of the bombings in Chongqing on May 4, 1939 which also killed his grandfather and blasted his home.
The Japanese invasion army indiscriminately bombed Chongqing in southwest China between 1938 and 1943, killing 11,900 people and wounding 14,100 others.
(Xinhua News Agency December 18, 2007)