Home · Weather · Forum · Learning Chinese · Jobs · Shopping
Search This Site
China | International | Business | Government | Environment | Olympics/Sports | Travel/Living in China | Culture/Entertainment | Books & Magazines | Health
Home / China / Local News Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read
Visitors to Olympics urged to get permits
Adjust font size:

Beijing police will begin to check temporary residence permits from tomorrow.

People 16 years and older need a temporary residence permit if they want to stay in a place other than their permanent residence for more than one month, according to Chinese law.

The move is part of a nationwide campaign that started on February 2 and will continue until March 31. It will give the city's government a full picture of temporary residents and help it better serve and protect them before the Beijing Olympics, the Legal Mirror newspaper said yesterday. From tomorrow, all those who come to Beijing from other provinces have to register and get the permits from police departments, the report said.

People need their identity card, family planning certificate and employment certificate to apply for a temporary residence.

Police will set up sites in airports, railway stations, and highway tollbooths to publicize how to apply for the permits and answer questions.

The permit needs to be renewed every year. More than 5.2 million temporary residents have registered in Beijing from last month.

(Shanghai Daily, February 22, 2008)

Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read

Username   Password   Anonymous
China Archives
Related >>
Most Viewed >>
-National police clamp as sex photos spread
-'Lantern Festival should be formal holiday'
-Smallest pterosaur fossil found in China
-China saw 80 million less farmers 1996-2006
-10 arrested for trading sex pics of HK stars
SiteMap | About Us | RSS | Newsletter | Feedback

Copyright © All Rights Reserved E-mail: Tel: 86-10-88828000 京ICP证 040089号