The fifth meeting of the National Leading Group on Informatization passed, in principle, a strategic plan for state informatization development (2006-2020), sources with the central government said on Thursday.
The group, under the State Council, headed by Premier Wen Jiabao, serves as a task force that plans, coordinates and deliberates on development blueprints and policies of state informatization.
"Informatization is the world development trend, and a key factor in promoting social and economic development and reform," Wen said at the meeting.
The meeting highlighted the components of China's informatization strategy until 2020, which include:
· Adhering to the principle of serving the overall situation of modernization, promoting e-government and pushing forward the informatization of national defense;
· Pushing forward the development of capacities for independent innovations;
· Speeding up reforms and pushing ahead system and mechanism innovation while maintaining a market and demand orientation;
· Strengthening informatization infrastructure and enhancing development capabilities and social service functions;
· Building an information security guarantee system;
· Process management; and
· Strengthening talent training programs and improving overall national informatization abilities.
(Xinhua News Agency November 4, 2005)