The second phase of the sixth round of the six-party talks would recess for two days, Chinese delegation head Wu Dawei announced on Sunday afternoon.
Wu said the reason for the two-day recess was that a joint document had been drawn out and still needs the approval of the governments of the six delegations.
Efforts would be made to publicize the document as soon as possible, Wu noted.
Before the announcement of the recess, a meeting of the chief delegates was held.
Wu, also chairman of the talks, said the current session, which focused on discussing and drawing out an action plan for the second-phase implementation of the February joint statement, was an important one in the whole process of the six-party talks.
During the session, the delegations carefully heard the reports of the five working groups, conducted thorough and meaningful discussions about the action plan in the next stage, and reached important consensus.
"With the joint efforts of all the parties, we have drawn out a joint document that could be reported to the governments of respective delegations," Wu said.
The talks, which aim at the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, group host China, the US, North and South Korea, Russia and Japan.
The current phase of the talks was scheduled to run from September 27 to 30.
(Xinhua News Agency September 30, 2007)