1. Before consumption, find out whether the manufacturing
process of the products harms the
environment or not. For example, whether the paper is bleached or
2. Before consumption, find out whether the products will
harm the environment when being used. For example, it
consumes less energy and emits less poisonous gas to take public
transportation than to drive private cars. And also using
rechargeable batteries is better to save energy than using one-off
3. Choose products with long-lasting styles that can be
4. Don't throw away things that can still be used.
5. Switch off the appliance power when it is not used.
Doing this can not only save energy, but also avoid electricity
6. Sleep on bamboo mat to keep cool in summer. Bamboo mat
is better for heat emission than sheets. In this way you can
shorten the time you use the air-conditioning.
7. One kilogram of paper can be made out of 3.5 kilograms
of woods. In order to protect the forest, you should use paper as
few as possible. For example, replace the tissues with handkerchief
and write e-mails to save paper.
8. Buy local fruits to avoid the energy consumption during
9. Take your own chopsticks and plates when eating out. 25
million trees are cut down each year for one-off chopsticks in
China on average.
The material of the clothes should be natural. Cotton and hemp
materials should be first considered.
Uncontaminated food will be the main trend in 21st century. In
China, green foods that are certified will get a green sign. Green
food can be divided into two grades. One is A grade which allows
certain fertilizer and pesticide to be used in food producing
process. The other is AA grade which totally forbids the usage of
Use high-tech environmental friendly materials and promote
sewage treatment in situ. Change sewage to neutrol water and then
use it to water the flowers and wash the car.
Use fluorine-free car air conditioning. Try to realize zero
emission in gas discharge and lower the noise of the car to three
Green home appliance
Green home appliance keeps your home free from toxins and
pollution, minimize your energy consumption, and create a healthy
environment for your everyday life. For example, low radiation TV,
environment friendly microwave ovens and so on.
Click here to get more information on green
(China.org.cn by Li Xiaohua November 5,