- UK PM Cameron visits China
- British Prime Minister David Cameron arrived in Beijing Tuesday on his first official visit to China since he took office in May.
- French pension strikes
- Millions of people including union members, political leaders, young workers and students marched through France's main cities.
- Chile miner rescue
- The operation to lift out 33 miners trapped for over two months in northern Chile will kick off early Wednesday, Mining Minister Laurence Golborne said Monday.
- SCO anti-terror drill
- An anti-terror exercise under the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) will be held in Kazakhstan from Sept. 9 to 25.
- Manila hostage crisis
- The death toll from hostage crisis in Manila climbed to 10 as of early Tuesday, with another hostage succumbing to injuries in a Manila hospital.
- Pakistan floods
- Continuing floods and monsoon rains have reportedly killed more than 1,400 people and marooned another 30,000 in three of the five provinces in Pakistan as of Sunday.