FM Press Releases
- Chinese FM to attend UNSC meeting
- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will attend an open ministerial meeting on the Korean Peninsula nuclear issue held by the UN Security Council Friday, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said Thursday.
- China reiterates sovereignty over islands
- China on Wednesday reaffirmed its sovereignty over the Diaoyu Island and adjacent islets as well as the Nansha islands, saying it will firmly respond to any challenge to its sovereignty and national security.
- China urges Japan to break with militarism
- A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson on Friday urged Japan to "make a clean break with militarism" after Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe sent a ritual offering to the notorious Yasukuni Shrine.
- China stresses dialogue for Korean Peninsula issue
- China on Friday stressed dialogue to resolve the Korean Peninsula issue after the UN Security Council strongly condemned the most recent ballistic missile launch by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).
- Foreign Ministry hopeful over US remarks
- Denuclearization peacefully through talks and maintaining peace and stability of the Korean Peninsula is the only effective way to solve the region's nuclear issue, Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang said in Beijing on Thursday.