- Two candidates in French election runoff
- Centrist candidate and former minister of economy Emmanuel Macron and far-right candidate Marine Le Pen on Sunday came out on top in the first round of the French presidential election, are scheduled to compete in a runoff vote on May 7, according to projections based on initial vote counts by polling agencies and official partial results.
- EU-China co-op 'ever so important": Mogherini
- The cooperation between the European Union (EU) and China has never been so important in a moment when multilateral global governance is open to doubt, EU's High Representative for Foreign affairs and Security Policy and European Commission Vice Presdent Federica Mogherini told Xinhua in an exclusive written interview ahead of her visit to China.
- Guardian of Rockefeller fortune, philanthropy dies at 101
- David Rockefeller was the last of his generation in a famous American family that taught its children that wealth brings great responsibility. Even as children, he and his siblings had to set aside portions of their allowances for charitable giving.
- Number of displaced people in Mosul exceeds 200,000
- As of Sunday, a total of 206,520 individuals have been forced into displacement as a result of the ongoing Mosul operations which began on Oct.17, 2016, a tracking system developed by the International Organization for Migrants (IOM) showed.