- Energy officials in North China's Shanxi province are considering creating a coal chemical base to turn the fossil fuel into clean energy after heavy smog blanketing the country looks set to affect the use of the raw material, officials said.
- Authorities in Liuzhou, the biggest industrial city in the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, have pledged to speed up the development of its ambitious automobile base, according to a senior leader of the city.
- Multinational companies can find more business opportunities in China during the country's economic reform, when domestic consumption will lead the future of the country's economic growth, an observer said.
- Members of China's top political advisory body have called for detailed regulations on developing a mixed-ownership economy, aiming to ensure that private enterprises will have a say when they inject capital into State-owned enterprises.
- China will approve five private banks on a trial basis, the latest move in opening the previously-closed sector to private capital.
- China has become the world's second largest agricultural insurance market after the United States, the country's insurance regulator said on Tuesday.
- China is very likely to ease its grip on banks' deposit rate in the coming one or two years, central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan said on Tuesday.
- As spring approaches, Yan Deyou and several hired farm workers are busy plowing his large plot of land before planting crops.
- South Korea's Samsung SDI Co Ltd plans to build two new facilities in Xi'an, capital of northwest Shaanxi province, to produce an electronic car battery and semiconductor package, the provincial governor has revealed.
- As positive economic factors are likely to emerge in the second half of this year, the 7.5 percent growth target set by the government will be met, scholars at the nation's top economic planning agency said on Sunday.
- China is expected to invest more than 5 trillion yuan (817 billion U.S. dollars) in environmental protection during the 12th Five-year Plan period (2011-2015), an environmental protection official said on Saturday.
- China will further improve the environment for foreign investors and expand access to service sectors, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng said on Friday.
China's consumer price index (CPI), a main gauge of inflation, increased 2 percent year on year in February, down from 2.5 percent in January, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) unveiled on Sunday.
• China's February PPI down 2%
+ MoreHighlights of the Sessions
- Fiscal, tax, financial reforms high on agenda
- Premier: GDP target flexible, stresses employment
- Premier Li calls for new progress in mainland-Taiwan ties
- China, U.S. should expand common interests: Premier Li
- China to better handle relations between govt, market
- Key resolutions to put for voting at NPC session