+ MoreReforms across the Board
- China strives for ways to deepen reform agenda
Deepening reform was the main focus for China's political advisers at the CPPCC's annual session.
- Key reform agenda to watch
Following are some key reform areas to watch in 2014.
- Law-based government characterizes China's reform ambitions
As China flexes its reform muscle, tricky problems stand in the way.
- Change in one-child policy crucial to China's future
In November 2013, the government announced that it would loosen decades-long one-child population policy.
+ MoreThe Economy
- Feelings are mixed over mixed-ownership model
- Members of China's top political advisory body have called for detailed regulations on developing a mixed-ownership economy, aiming to ensure that private enterprises will have a say when they inject capital into State-owned enterprises.
+ MoreDefense & Diplomacy
- Deputies eye national anti-terrorism law
- A suggestion that the top legislature consider drafting a national anti-terrorism law following this month's fatal attack in Kunming has been made by deputies to the 12th National People's Congress.
+ MoreOther Issues
- China calls for tobacco control legislation
- Chinese lawmakers called for speeding up legislation to ban smoking in public places at the ongoing annual session of the National People's Congress (NPC), which will conclude on Thursday.
+ MoreThey Have a Dream
Brad FranklinChina traveller
Shi GuangyinMillion-dollar sandman
Wang YoudeWarrior of the sands
Yi JiefangGreenlife NPO
Ma JunEnvironmental protection hero
Zhu LiangyuGrass-root NPC deputy
Lei JunFounder of Xiaomi
+ MoreHighlights of the Sessions
- Fiscal, tax, financial reforms high on agenda
- Premier: GDP target flexible, stresses employment
- Premier Li calls for new progress in mainland-Taiwan ties
- China, U.S. should expand common interests: Premier Li
- China to better handle relations between govt, market
- Key resolutions to put for voting at NPC session
+ MoreChina.org.cn Exclusives
- NPC deputies have called for a Chinese anti-terrorism law, following the deadly terrorist attack in the nation’s southwest Kunming city on March 1.
+ MoreWho’s Who
Full Coverage on
+ MoreChina Wiki
+ MoreNPC FAQs
- What is the legislative process of the NPC?
- What is the nature of the NPC?
- What happens at a plenary session of the NPC?
- How does the NPC relate to other state organs?