- Country roads, take me home
Forty years ago, Zhang Fen was among the 17 million zhiqing or intellectual youth sent down to the countryside. Today she's still there.
- A million flowers bloom
Beijing's million-member army of National Day volunteers went on the march yesterday helping visitors pouring into the capital.
- Journey to the 'other' West
Much like the immigrants whose story it aims to tell, the Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA) is moving up in the world.
- European official lauds Tibet economy
The Chinese government's efforts to develop the growing Tibetan economy impressed the president of the European Economic and Social Committee.
- Mixed-blood people get best of both worlds
More and more mixed-blood people are showing up in Shanghai. Not surprising since there are so many Western men with Chinese women.
- Education program to help poor female migrants
This program seeks to build a common strategy to address the needs of young disadvantaged women.
- Gun salute battalion braces for National Day festivities
The gun salute battalion of the Beijing Armed Police Corps is rehearsing hard.