Home · Weather · Forum · Learning Chinese · Jobs · Shopping
Search This Site
China | International | Business | Government | Environment | Olympics/Sports | Travel/Living in China | Culture/Entertainment | Books & Magazines | Health
Home / Government / Appointments Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read
Hubei gets new top official
Adjust font size:

Li Hong-zhong, former Party chief of Shenzhen, was appointed vice- and acting governor of Hubei Province by the provincial legislative body yesterday.

Li, born in 1956, was appointed at the 30th session of the Standing Committee of the Hubei Provincial People's Congress.

He will serve as acting mayor before the full governorship is decided by vote at the provincial people's congress meeting to be held early next year.

The provincial legislature yesterday also approved the resignation of former Hubei governor Luo Qingquan. Luo was named Party chief of Hubei by the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) in October.

Li, of Han nationality, is a native of Changle, Shandong Province. He graduated from the history department of Jilin University and joined the CPC in 1976.

Li began his career with the Shenyang city government in Liaoning Province and later moved to Huizhou in Guangdong Province, where he was named vice-mayor and later mayor.

Li then served as the vice-governor of Guangdong from 2001 to 2003, and was later appointed deputy Party chief, Party chief and mayor of Shenzhen.

Li is also an alternate member to the 16th and 17th CPC Central Committee.

The change is part of a broad reshuffle of top positions after the 17th CPC National Congress.
(Xinhua News Agency December 7, 2007)

Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read

Username   Password   Anonymous
China Archives
Related >>
- Wang Sanyun appointed acting governor of Anhui
- Liaoning Province gets new Party Chief
Most Viewed >>
-China works to limit snow-related chaos
-No effort spared, President Hu says
-Chinese Servicemen to Wear New Uniforms
-Farmers' income growth
-New Uniforms for China's Military Armed Police
Questions and Answers More
Q: What kind of law is there in place to protect pandas?
A: In order to put the protection of giant pandas and other wildlife under the law, the Chinese government put the protection of rare animals and plants into the Constitution.
Useful Info
- Who's Who in China's Leadership
- State Structure
- China's Political System
- China's Legislative System
- China's Judicial System
- Mapping out 11th Five-Year Guidelines
- Chinese Embassies
- International Department, Central Committee of CPC
- State Organs Work Committee of CPC
- United Front Work Department, Central Committee of CPC
SiteMap | About Us | RSS | Newsletter | Feedback

Copyright © All Rights Reserved E-mail: Tel: 86-10-88828000 京ICP证 040089号