Home · Weather · Forum · Learning Chinese · Jobs · Shopping
Search This Site
China | International | Business | Government | Environment | Olympics/Sports | Travel/Living in China | Culture/Entertainment | Books & Magazines | Health
Home / Government / Local Governments News Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read
Land Supply in Beijing Under Strict Control
Adjust font size:

Beijing imposed strict control over land use this year, with supply of no more than 6,300 hectares, compared with last year's 6,500 hectares, according to a plan released by Beijing Municipal Bureau of State Land and Resources.

Land supply for new constructions will be limited to 3,500 hectares, including 1,600 hectares for housing projects.

Two hundred and twenty hectares must be used for building houses for low-income families this year.

Land supply in downtown Beijing is supposed to be no more than 30 percent of the total, while the suburban areas will take the other 70 percent.

The plan gives priority to land use for the upcoming Olympic Games and urban infrastructure construction.
(Xinhua News Agency September 10, 2007)

Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Read

Username   Password   Anonymous
China Archives
Related >>
- Guangzhou Sells Off Land to Ease Price Woes
- Land and Mineral Resources in China
- More Arable Land 'Needed' by 2030
- China to Scrutinize All Land Sales Since 2005
Most Viewed >>
-China works to limit snow-related chaos
-'We have faith,' Premier Wen tells country
-No effort spared, President Hu says
-New commander for PLA Hong Kong Garrison appointed
-Five-year Guidelines Set for Western Development
Questions and Answers More
Q: What kind of law is there in place to protect pandas?
A: In order to put the protection of giant pandas and other wildlife under the law, the Chinese government put the protection of rare animals and plants into the Constitution.
Useful Info
- Who's Who in China's Leadership
- State Structure
- China's Political System
- China's Legislative System
- China's Judicial System
- Mapping out 11th Five-Year Guidelines
- Chinese Embassies
- International Department, Central Committee of CPC
- State Organs Work Committee of CPC
- United Front Work Department, Central Committee of CPC
SiteMap | About Us | RSS | Newsletter | Feedback

Copyright © All Rights Reserved E-mail: Tel: 86-10-88828000 京ICP证 040089号