President Hu Jintao attends the G20 Summit
President Hu Jintao attended the G20 Summit, which was held in Cannes, France, from Oct. 30 to Nov. 4th, 2011. As some major economic powers were experiencing slowdown, and some countries were facing acute sovereign debt problems, Hu called for balanced growth and win-win cooperation in his speech at the summit. Hu said: "We should advance reform and make continued progress towards the building of a more just and equitable system of global economic governance." Hu also announced that China would, in the context of South-South cooperation, give zero-tariff treatment to 97 percent of the tariff items of exports to China from the least developed countries (LDCs) that have diplomatic relations with China.
Chinese President Hu Jintao gives a speech at the Group of Twenty (G20) summit in Cannes, France, Nov. 4, 2011.[Xinhua]
• Hu's speech at G20 draws positive int'l comments
• Positive outcomes achieved at G20 summit
• Hu addresses issues in G-20 summit speech
• President Hu's speech at G20 Summit
• Hu, other G-20 leaders attend summit in Cannes