- Gutierrez underscores strategic trust in Sino-US ties
- Former U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez has urged enhancing strategic trust and deepening economic cooperation between China and the United States, saying China is more a collaborator than a competitor for the U.S. economy.
- China urges to advance Somalia peace process
- China on Thursday called on the United Nations and the international community to continue to play an active and constructive role in addressing the Somalia issue and advancing the peace process in the country.
- Xi arrives in California for summit with Obama
- Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in California Thursday for a meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama, which analysts say will help promote the long-term, sound and steady development of China-U.S. relations.
- First Xi-Obama summit 'strategic, historic meeting'
- The upcoming summit between Chinese President Xi Jinping and his U.S. counterpart Barack Obama is "a strategic and historic meeting" that will set the course for future development of bilateral ties, Chinese Ambassador to the United States Cui Tiankai said Wednesday.