- Tokyo governor resigns to form new party
- Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara announced his resignation Thursday, saying he plans to form a new political party to challenge the ruling Democratic Party of Japan and the Liberal Democratic Party in the next general election.
- No toilet, no bride: Indian Minister
- "No toilet, no bride". That's the latest message from a senior Indian Minister, who Sunday urged women not to get married into families which do not have toilets at homes.
- American economists share Nobel Prize in Economics
- American economists Alvin E. Roth and Lloyd S. Shapley shared 2012 Nobel Prize for Economics, announced Staffan Normark, Permanent Secretary of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm on Monday.
- The Obamas vote early in election
- U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle are voting early in this year's presidential election, casting their ballots before the November 6 polling day to encourage the early voting drive of the president's reelection campaign.