- China SOE reform back on track amid concerns
The reform of China's state-owned enterprises is back on track after a decade, however legislators have voiced their concern about the measures.
- China to boost value of pension fund
Chinese lawmakers are now reviewing plans to help prop-up the country's pension fund through a broader-based investment scheme.
- Guidelines for SOEs salary reform to come out this March
Salary reform for executives at state-owned companies has been underway for over a decade.
- China's law reform
The city of Wenzhou is at the last step of a two-decade persistent pursuit as a draft revision to the Legislation Law expands legislative power from 49 Chinese cities to at least 284 nationwide.
- 'New normal' needs environment for entrepreneurship
The phrase "new normal" is becoming popular. People use it to describe many important changes in China.
- Process for new statutes amended
China is poised to take a giant stride in bolstering the rule of law as the country's top legislature considers what is expected to be the final reading of a draft amendment to the Law on Legislation.
- No change in monetary policy: central bank
- A prudent monetary policy has not been changed, as this year's M2 growth target is still moderate, said Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of the People's Bank of China, at a press conference during the two sessions on Thursday.
- General: Make military more transparent
- The military should be more open to the public by releasing appropriate navy and air force equipment information in a timely manner and setting regular military open days, a political adviser and senior officer suggested.
- Writer backs 'nation of readers' vision
- Writer Chi Li rarely visits bookshops anymore and instead buys online as she believes it is difficult to find what she calls "real" books on shop shelves.
- Full text: Report on China's central, local budgets
- Full text: Report on China's economic, social development plan
- Full text: Report on the Work of the Government (2015)
- Highlights of work report of Supreme People's Court
- Highlights of China's gov't work report for 2015
- Big data on China's rule of law
- Political advisor Zhou Mingwei told China.org.cn that cultural differences between China and foreign countries may cause misunderstandings in the international community, but China has to find a way to better explain itself.
- What is the nature of the NPC?
- What is the legislative process of the NPC?
- What happens at a plenary session of the NPC?
- What happens at the delegation meetings?
- What are the responsibilities of the NPC Presidium?
- How does the NPC relate to other state organs?
- What sort of body is the NPC Standing Committee?