- Rebalancing act
- America's engagement in TPP negotiations is part of a wider strategy to maintain influence in the region and ensure that China's development is kept under close scrutiny.
- Time to make history
- The California summit has great potential. The leaders need to assess their ledgers of benefit and risk, but they will rise to the occasion only if they see and respect their counterpart's needs as well.
- A new stage of interaction
- China and Mexico will work together to safeguard each other's national interests and the interests of developing countries.
- Solar wars threaten climate fight
- Amid the gloomy news of the worsening impact of climate change is a bright spark: the dramatic fall in the cost of solar energy. This source of clean and renewable energy could help power the world without emitting greenhouse gases.
- Russia, EU forge bittersweet partnership
- Russia and the European Union (EU) concluded on Tuesday their 31st regular summit, leaving an array of issues in divergence, despite of agreement in business and economic cooperation.
- Protests not deadly for Turkey's Erdogan
- The nationwide protests in Turkey have triggered concerns over their possible impact on the country' s politics. But local analysts do not believe the outcomes would be fatal to the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- The Caribbean's conundrum
- The contrasting results of the recent Carribean visits of President Xi and U.S. Vice President Biden have prompted calls for a reassessment of Caribbean ties with both China and the U.S.