- Best of Wagner, Verdi
- On the occasion of the 200th anniversary of the birth of two great musicians - German composer Richard Wagner and Italian composer Giuseppe Verdi - China Philharmonic Orchestra will present a concert with selections from their opera works.
- Pop goes the pipa
- Wu Man is the de facto ambassador of Chinese pipa players, doing all she can to spread the string music. She recently partnered the New York-based orchestral collective The Knights for a concert series spanning 10 US cities.
- Polish string quartet
- The Lutoslawski Quartet from Poland will give a concert in Beijing, performing Szymanowski's String Quartet, Witold Lutoslawski's String Quartet and Shostakovich's String Quartet No 8.
- Chou Huei's debut
- Love song diva Chou Huei from Taiwan finally fulfils her appointment with fans on the Chinese mainland by beginning a concert tour in Beijing on March 22.
- In honor of Wagner
- 2013 is the 200th anniversary of the birth of Richard Wagner. His music swept the world during his lifetime, and influenced numerous composers after him.
- Composer: Russia for 50 years, China for life
- Early in a winter morning when snow lit Moscow, Zuo Zhenguan, a 68-year-old Chinese-born composer, woke up as usual and approached his cello with a cup of Chinese green tea. He has been living in the Soviet Union and now Russia for over half a century.
- Free online music deadline revealed
- Musician Gao Xiaosong announced Tuesday that the music industry faces 'earth-shaking' changes as free online downloading will end after July 1.