- Old scholars help preserve ancient Shui script
- The Shui script, known as the "living fossil" of pictograph characters, was used by the Shui ethnic group in Southwest China's Guizhou province. It's not only an important heritage of their ancient culture, but a written record of Shui history.
- Musicals coming to Shanghai in record number
- An unprecedented number of musicals will be shown in Shanghai this year. Besides Broadway shows on international tour, there will also be Chinese adaptations and new productions.
- Betancourt works on show in China
- Ecuadorean contemporary artist Miguel Betancourt, 59, is known for blending the cultural motif and vibrant landscape of his home country with the inspirations he has found when traveling in Europe.