- Post-rock Canadians GYBE to tour China
- Canadian post-rock band Godspeed You! Black Emperor (GYBE) will tour China, with a concert in Beijing on April 12 and another in Shanghai the next evening.
- Wang Feng: The sole survivor
- Rock singer and songwriter Wang Feng follows his own star, reports Chen Nan, despite accusations that he is too commercial.
- 2 folks shake up the music world
- Eccentric folk singer Gong Linna and her German composer and musicologist husband Robert Zollitsch have shaken, rattled and rolled the world of contemporary Chinese folk music.
- Chinese apparel brand to use Psy's image
- Universal Music has signed an artist merchandise collaboration deal with Chinese apparel brand Vancl, to use images from PSY's global smash hit "Gangnam Style."
- Passing it forward to young musicians
- Ever since, Wang has pursued his dreams in music, and in 2007, 20 years after being enamored by the oboe, he became the first Chinese-born principal oboist of the New York Philharmonic.
- Qin Lan releases debut EP
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing hosted Qin Lan's first EP release party on March 25. The singer became the face of the hotel empire in 2011.
- Universal language of music
- Foreign diplomats, foreigners working in China, and international students gathered in the concert hall of the China Conservatory in Beijing on Sunday, to enjoy traditional Chinese folk music.