- Arranged marriage
- A co-production is supposed to help a film appeal to a broader international audience, but often leaves it creatively diminished and struggling at the box office.
- Verdi's tearjerker for the masses
- Otello is the first of two new productions the National Center for the Performing Arts is staging in Beijing to commemorate the 200th anniversary of Giuseppe Verdi's birth. Nabucco will be staged in May.
- Ip Man: the Final Fight
- Hong Kong, late 1949. Aged 56, Ip Man (Anthony Wong), a grandmaster in Wing Chun-style martial arts, arrives from his hometown of Foshan, Guangdong province, China, and stays with a friend.
- 'A timeless adventure'
- I was a bit nervous about attending the Capital Literary Festival Beijing as I thought the panel discussion for the anthology Unsavory Elements would be a bit dry and hosted by old-China hands.
- Bruce almighty
- Although not the best Die Hard picture, the film maintains the franchise's signature visual and audio impact, humor and snappy dialogue.
- Translation misery
- Bad translation for movies, such as the one for Les Miserables, makes you wish you had mastered that foreign language.